YNAP Cyber Weekend Highlights
- Orders peaked at one every 0.7 seconds on Black Friday
- Customers embraced fine jewellery and watches, party wear and exclusive collections
- The Group’s apps performed strongly with a surge in new downloads
As predicted by YNAP’s 2018 holiday shopping trends report published last week, the Group saw a strong rise in demand for fine jewellery and watches, party wear and exclusive items as luxury customers kicked-off the festive season by treating themselves to something special.
- In hard luxury, the highest priced item sold on NET-A-PORTER was a diamond necklace for £54,000 / €61,000, a record for the Group for a single item sold over Cyber Weekend.
- Statement party wear was a top-seller. YOOX sold a £9,000 / €10,000 evening gown on Cyber Monday while THE OUTNET sold two gowns at £3,000 apiece. Some of the most popular items on NET-A-PORTER included crystal-embellished gowns and dresses from exclusive capsules only available on the site.
- YOOX’s recently launched first own-label collection powered by AI performed particularly well with over 3,500 pieces sold.
- Coats and jackets were particularly popular with MR PORTER customers with notable sales including a peacoat for £6,500 / €7,300 and a bomber jacket for £5,900 / €6,600.
- The Group’s apps performed especially well. Downloads of the MR PORTER app were up over 40% during Cyber Weekend and the app ranked in the Top 100 shopping category across 14 countries in the app store. YOOX registered almost 100,000 new downloads of its app.
- Engagement over Instagram was especially high with THE OUTNET’s Instagram Stories generating a notable uplift in sales.
- Across all the Group’s sites, exclusive capsules performed particularly well, reflecting the increasing desire among luxury customers for items that are not widely available.
- The Group processed one order every 0.7 seconds on Black Friday, delivering as far afield as Mount Roskill in New Zealand to a YOOX customer.