YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP strengthens management team with new senior executive appointments
- New appointments include group roles: Chief Technology Officer and Global Human Resources Director as well as divisional roles: Managing Director NET-A-PORTER (Luxury Division), Vice President of Global Sales and Customer Experience (Luxury Division) and Brand and Communications Director, YOOX (Fashion Division)
- Key hires represent a major milestone in the Group’s ambitious strategy for continued global growth, market expansion and advanced innovation to enhance the luxury customer shopping experience
YOOX NET-A-PORTER, the world leader in online luxury and fashion, announces today the strengthening of its management team with five new senior executive appointments across the Group. The new hires reflect the company’s continued focus on strategic global growth, fast-paced innovation and the delivery of outstanding luxury customer experiences. All the new leaders are renowned in their area of specialism with deep expertise and knowledge gained in eminent international, customer-centric organisations.
- Pete Marsden has joined the business as Chief Technology Officer to spearhead the Group’s pioneering technology programme and the delivery of the domain’s key milestones, including a major focus on mobile, personalisation and AI to enrich the customer experience. Working closely with the wider business and reporting into Olivier Schaeffer, Global Chief Operating Officer, Pete leads the Group’s global technology team across London and Bologna.
Pete has a 20-year background managing large technology divisions gained at a number of FTSE 100 companies across online retail, mobile telecoms and financial services. He joined YOOX NET-A-PORTER from Aviva where he was Chief Technology Officer and previously held the top technology positions at House of Fraser and ASOS, where he launched the business in China and Russia.
- Paolo Inga has been appointed as the Group’s Global Human Resources Director to drive its focus on People and Organisation during an important period of international growth and development. He sits on the Group’s Executive Committee and reports to Federico Marchetti, Chairman and CEO of YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP.
Paolo has a strong track record in global Talent and Organisational development to support fast paced businesses. Most recently Paolo spent 11 years at Vodafone, where he was latterly the HR Leader for Vodafone Shared Services, growing the team to 24,000 people across Hungary, Romania, India and Egypt. Previously Paolo held a number of key roles at leading international organisations, including Barilla and Johnson & Johnson.
Two key appointments have been made within the Group’s Luxury Division (NET-A-PORTER and MR PORTER):
- Nicola Brandolese will join the business this month as the Managing Director of NET-A-PORTER. Reporting into YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP Luxury Division President, Alison Loehnis, Brandolese will be responsible for the day-to-day management of NET-A-PORTER, driving the brand’s global expansion and overseeing its commercial strategy. Drawing on the company’s culture of innovation, Brandolese will manage NET-A-PORTER’s longstanding relationships with global luxury brands and its ability to deliver exceptional customer experiences around an inspiring and curated offering.
Based in the London headquarters, Brandolese, brings a rich experience in brand building and business transformation in retail and digital. Most recently he was CEO at Giuseppe Zanotti. Previously, he was a Group Executive for LVMH, working on major programmes of activity for brands including Fendi. Prior experience includes senior leadership roles with leading retailer, Luxottica where he was Group President, Global Retail with full responsibility for the Group’s 11 retail brands in 25 countries. During his time at Luxottica, he also held the role of Chief Digital Officer where he accelerated the Group’s ecommerce programme across all of its brands. His diverse experience also includes roles at Sky TV (Sky Italia), The Boston Consulting Group and Sapient Nitro.
- Thierry Pichon has joined the Luxury Division in the newly created role of Vice President of Global Sales and Customer Experience. Thierry has overall leadership of the division’s Personal Shopping and Client Relations programme as it enters into a period of expansion and enrichment at a global level.
Thierry joins YOOX NET-A-PORTER with an outstanding track record in the world of luxury fashion combined with an innate understanding of what the discerning luxury customer seeks. His most recent role was as General Manager of Level, part of leading luxury Chalhoub Group in Dubai, in which he pioneered a new e-commerce platform for the business and drove a major global expansion strategy. His experience also spans strategic roles at R.M. Williams and Gucci. Additional experience includes 11 years at Louis Vuitton where his roles included the Director, Maison des Champs-Elysees during which he honed first-hand his understanding of the luxury customer.
- In the Group’s Fashion Division, Alessia Crivelli has joined the YOOX team in the newly created role of Brand and Communications Director. She will be responsible for developing and executing the branding strategy of YOOX, coordinating the Creative, PR and Communications, Branding Projects and Design + Art teams. Alessia brings a wealth of experience to the YOOX brand, having worked in leadership roles for many international companies, including spending 15 years at Gucci where she was responsible of Global Partnerships and Corporate Special Projects and previously held the role of Account Director, Corporate Image Department. Most recently she has been Brand Ambassador and Content + Strategy Creator for Worldwide Shows Corp, world-leading events company producing high-profile and spectacular global events such as the Olympics