Founder and Chief Executive Officer of YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP
Federico Marchetti is an entrepreneur at the intersection of luxury and technology.
In 1999, he invented YOOX, seizing the opportunity long before industry insiders understood what the Internet could offer the world of fashion. Since then, Federico has continued to anticipate the market and customer trends.
In 2015, Federico drove the game-changing merger of YOOX and NET-A-PORTER founding YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP (YNAP) – the world’s leading online luxury fashion retailer.
Uniquely positioned in the high-growth online luxury sector, YNAP has a client base of more than 3 million high-spending customers from over 180 countries, employs nearly 5,000 people and generated revenues of almost $2.5 billion in 2017 – half of which were from mobile sales.
In 2018, with a valuation of $6 billion, YOOX NET-A-PORTER became part of Richemont, one of the world’s leading luxury groups. Its portfolio of Maisons includes Cartier, IWC Schaffhausen, Jaeger-LeCoultre, Van Cleef & Arpels, Chloé, Montblanc and Officine Panerai in Italy.
Today, Federico Marchetti is Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP, and divides his time between Milan and London.
Federico holds a degree in Economics from Bocconi University in Milan and an MBA from Columbia Business School in New York City.
Awards & Recognitions
- 2018 – The Guido Carli commission recognized Federico for entrepreneurial achievement
- 2017 – The President of the Republic of Italy presented Federico with a knighthood
- 2016 – EY named Federico Italy’s “Entrepreneur of the Year”
- 2016 – Institutional Investor ranked Federico among the top CEOs in the luxury goods sector
- 2016 – Harvard Business Review ranked Federico among the top 10 best-performing CEOs in Italy
- 2015 – Wired named Federico in the Wired UK 100 as one of the most influential figures in European tech
- 2015 – Vanity Fair included Federico among “The Disruptors” in their New Establishment List
- 2014 – Bocconi University named Federico Alumnus of the Year
- 2012 – The President of the Republic of Italy awarded Federico the Leonardo Award for Innovation