Trading Statement for the first quarter to 31 March 2018
STRONG ORGANIC GROWTH OF FULL-PRICE BUSINESSES, WITH IN-SEASON AT +14% AND ONLINE FLAGSHIP STORES AT +22%
- Organic1 growth at 10.4%
- Positive organic performance across all business lines: Multi-brand In-Season net revenues up 14.1%, Multibrand Off-Season net revenues up 2.0%, Gross Merchandise Value of Online Flagship Stores (GMV2) up 21.8%
- Italy, North America and Asia Pacific, were the fastest growing regions
- First-quarter net revenues of Euro 518 million, up 7.9% at constant exchange rates (+0.5% reported) compared with net revenues of Euro 515 million in the first quarter of 2017
- Key Performance Indicators:
- 245 million visits, compared with 200 million in the first quarter of 2017
- 2.4 million orders, compared with 2.2 million in the first quarter of 2017
- Euro 314 AOV (Average Order Value), Euro 339 at constant exchange rates compared with Euro 343 in the first quarter of 2017
- 3.2 million active customers, compared with 3.0 million in the first quarter of 2017
1 Organic refers to Gross Merchandise Value calculated at constant exchange rates and at a comparable perimeter and is defined as retail value of sales to final customers of all Group’s online stores (including the JV with Kering and NEXT ERA online stores) active at the end of each period, which were also active at the beginning of the same period of the previous year.
2 Retail value of sales to final customers of all the online flagship stores, including the JV with Kering and NEXT ERA online stores, net of returns and customer discounts. Set-up, design and maintenance fees for the online flagship stores, accounted for within “Rest of the World and Not country related”, are excluded.