Global Candidates Privacy Notice
Below you will find the main information on the processing of your personal data through the whole recruitment process by YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP.
The Data Controller of your personal data is:
- YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP S.p.A. with headquarters at via Morimondo n. 17 – 20143 Milano (Italia) C.F. e P.IVA n. 02050461207, if you apply for a position in Italy;
- THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP LTD with registered office at 1 The Village Offices, Westfield London, Ariel Way, London, W12 7GF, United Kingdom, if you apply for a position in the UK;
- YNAP JP with registered office at 4F Oak Omotesando, 3-6-1 Kita-aoyama, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 107-0061, JAPAN, if you apply for a position in Japan;
- YNAP ME with registered office at _ Boulevard Plaza Tower 1 – Office 2902 Burj Boulevard – Dubai, United Arab Emirates, if you apply for a position in UAE;
- YNAP Corporation with registered office at 100 Fifth Ave, 11th Floor New York, NY 10011, if you apply for a position in the USA;
- YNAP Asia with registered office at Room 2313-19, Jardine House, 1 Connaught Place, Central, Hong Kong, if you apply for a position in Hong Kong SAR.
If you have any queries about the process or how we handle your information please contact us at jobapplicantsDSARs@ynap.com.
What will we do with the information you provide to us?
All of the information you provide during the recruitment process will be used only for the purpose of progressing your application, or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements if necessary.
We will use the contact details you provide to us (name, address, email, telephone) to contact you to progress your application. We will use the other information you provide (normally a CV) to assess your suitability for the role you have applied for.
YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP is part of a global organisation and to ensure the provision of effective and efficient services and communication throughout the Group, we may transfer your personal information internationally to our group companies and third parties that we use to provide our services. These parties have been rigorously assessed for the way in which they manage personal data and may only use your data for the exact purposes that we specify in the contract with them. Your personal data may therefore be stored and processed outside of the country where the data controller is established, for example in the countries where the other entities of the Group are based, provided that this transfer is necessary for our legitimate interests or to fulfil our obligations with you and, in any case, where appropriate safeguards have been put in place.
We will not share any of the information you provide during the recruitment process with any third parties for marketing purposes. The information you provide will be held securely by us and/or our data processors whether the information is in electronic or physical format.
What information do we ask for, and why?
We do not collect more information than we need to fulfil our stated purposes and will not retain it for longer than is necessary.
The information we ask for is used to assess your suitability for employment. You don’t have to provide what we ask for, but it might affect your application if you don’t.
If you use our online application system, this will be collected by a data processor on our behalf (please see below).
We ask you for your personal details including name and contact details. We will also ask you about your previous experience, education, referees and for answers to questions relevant to the role you have applied for. Our recruitment team will have access to all of this information.
You can also apply for jobs with us via LinkedIn, using your LinkedIn profile. If you click the “Apply with LinkedIn” button, you will be referred to the LinkedIn login page. Once you have logged in you can edit your profile and the data you want to share with us. By submitting this data, you permit us to access your LinkedIn profile, but we will not receive any information about your LinkedIn access data. For further details regarding LinkedIn, please see below.
Our hiring managers have access to the relevant parts of our online application system and will shortlist applications for interview based upon the details provided in your CV.
We might ask you to participate in assessment days; complete tests or occupational personality profile questionnaires; and/or to attend an interview – or a combination of these. Information will be generated by you and by us. For example, you might complete a written test or we might take interview notes. This information is held by YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP.
If you are unsuccessful following assessment for the position you have applied for, we will retain your details in our talent pool for a period of twelve months so that we can contact you should any further suitable vacancies arise. If you would like us to delete this data, please let us know by emailing jobapplicantsDSARs@ynap.com.
If we make a conditional offer of employment we will ask you for information so that we can carry out pre-employment checks. You must successfully complete pre-employment checks to progress to a final offer. We are required to confirm the identity of our staff and their right to work in the locality and we seek assurance as to their trustworthiness, integrity and reliability.
You will therefore be required to provide:
- Proof of your identity – you will be asked to bring original documents with you on your first day of employment, we will take copies.
- Proof of your qualifications – if required for a visa, you will be asked to bring original documents with you on your first day of employment, we will take copies.
- We will contact your referees directly, using the details you provide in your application, to obtain references
- You may be asked to complete a criminal records declaration to declare any unspent convictions, and this will be verified.
- We may also undertake financial checks looking at publicly available sources such as court records and bankruptcy orders. These checks do not involve looking at your credit score and will have no effect on your credit score.
If we make a final offer, we will also ask you for the following:
- Bank details – to process salary payments
- Emergency contact and dependent details – so we know who to contact in case you have an emergency at work and to allow us to process any employee benefit applications you may make
What is our legal basis for processing your personal information?
The primary lawful basis for processing personal data as described in this document is to fulfil our contract or potential contract with you. There is a contractual requirement for you to provide much of the information detailed. Without this we will be unable to fulfil our obligations which could result in our being unable to offer you a contract, or in the contract terminating.
We may also use the personal data you provide to comply with any legal requirements, or to pursue our legitimate interests (for example to check experience/qualifications, prevent fraud, for administrative purposes or for the reporting of potential crimes).
Use of data processors
Data processors are third parties who provide elements of our recruitment service for us. We have contracts in place with our data processors. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it. They will not share your personal information with any organisation apart from us. They will hold it securely and retain it for the period we instruct.
If you use our online application system, you will provide the requested information to Workday who provide this online service for us. Once you click ‘Apply’ you will be taken to Workday’s website and they will hold the information you submit but YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP. will have access to it. If you accept a final offer from us, your personnel records will be held on Workday. They will be accessible only by authorised YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP employees.
Here is a link to their Privacy Notice.
Vero Screening Limited
If you are applying for work in the UK, when we make a conditional offer of employment we will ask you for information so that we can carry out pre-employment checks. We will pass the information you provide to Vero Screening, who will check the accuracy of the information you have provided regarding your qualifications, employment history, financial status and criminal records declaration.
We will provide them with your email address so that they can contact you to complete an application for a Basic Criminal Record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service, which will verify your declaration of unspent convictions.
Here is a link to their Privacy Notice.
If you use our online application system, you have the option to apply for jobs via LinkedIn. This service allows you to use your LinkedIn profile in your application. If you click the “Apply with LinkedIn” button, you will be referred to the LinkedIn login page where you can login and update your profile. By submitting this data, you permit us to access your LinkedIn profile. At no time do we receive any information about your LinkedIn access data.
LinkedIn is operated by LinkedIn Corp., 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA. Here is a link to their Privacy Notice:
Head hunters/recruitment agencies
For senior vacancies, we sometimes advertise through recruitment agencies or use the services of specialist search organisations. These companies will collect the application information and might ask you to complete a work preference questionnaire which is used to assess your suitability for the role you have applied for, the results of which are assessed by recruiters.
You should check the agency’s privacy notice for details of how they will handle your information.
How long do we keep your information?
If you are successful, the information you provide during the application process will be retained by us as part of your employee file for the duration of your employment plus 6 years following the end of your employment. This includes your criminal records declaration, fitness to work, records of any security checks and references.
If you are unsuccessful at any stage of the process, the information you have provided until that point will be retained for 12 months from the closure of the recruitment campaign.
Information generated throughout the assessment process, for example interview notes, is retained by us for 12 months following the closure of the recruitment campaign.
Workday will provide us with management information about our recruitment campaigns. This is anonymised information which tells us about the effectiveness of campaigns, for example, from which source we got the most candidates. This anonymised information will be retained for 6 years from the end of the campaign.
What are your rights in relation to your personal information?
You have certain rights in relation to your personal data as summarised here. To exercise any of these rights, please contact jobapplicantsDSARs@ynap.com.
Right to be informed – you have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your personal data and your rights; this is why we are providing you with this privacy notice;
- Right of access – you can request access to your personal data [; please see our data protection/data subject access policy for further details];
- Correcting or erasing your information – where we hold information about you that is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to ask us to rectify or complete it;
- Right to restrict processing – you have the right to restrict some processing of your personal information, which means that you can ask us to limit what we do with it;
- Right to object to processing – you can object to us processing your personal information in certain circumstances, including where we are using it for the purpose of the Company’s legitimate business interests. You will need to explain the reasons behind your request and allow us to consider your request and respond.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain from us and re-use your personal data for your own purposes. This only applies, however, where the processing is carried out by automated means, to personal data that you have provided to us yourself (not any other information) and where the processing is based on your consent or the performance of a contract;
- Right to object to automated decision making – [insert details of any automated decision making applied to the individual including meaningful information about the logic involved and the significance of the decision making]. You have the right not to be subject to automated decision making where this has legal or other significant consequences for you except where you have explicitly consented or where it is necessary for entering into or performing a contract with you;]
- Right to complain – you are able to submit a complaint to the relevant competent Data Protection Supervisory Authority about any matter concerning your personal information. However, we take our obligations seriously, so if you have any questions or concerns, we would encourage you to raise them with us first, so that we can try to resolve them.