MR PORTER launches exclusive footwear celebrating the Best of British Loafers
MR PORTER, the award-winning online destination for men’s style, is pleased to introduce the ‘Best of British Loafers,’ an exclusive capsule featuring contemporary takes on the loafer from seven esteemed English shoemakers, including: Cheaney, Church’s, Edward Green, George Cleverley, Grenson, John Lobb and Tricker’s.
The Spring-Summer 2019 capsule features 29 styles from the seven brands, in a range of leather, suede and tasseled versions. Highlights from each brand include:
- Cheaney – ‘Dover D’ penny loafer in a navy perforated leather and unlined, perfect for warmer temperatures
- Church’s – Handsome ‘Oreham’ loafer in a burgundy polished-leather with distinctive kiltie fringing and tassels
- Edward Green – Appropriately titled ‘Islington’ loafer in a warm and versatile light-brown snuff suede, built with a sturdy rubber sole
- George Cleverley – Relaxed ‘Hedsor’ slipper in a supple navy suede with soft quilted linings for a comfortable fit
- Grenson – Black suede and pony hair loafer with a chunky, tonal black sole serving up a fusion of punk and prep
- John Lobb – ‘Thorne’ penny loafer in a dark brown suede, unlined for comfort and ease with a low profile rubber sole
- Tricker’s – Classic step in ‘James’ loafer in a lightweight black suede with a rubber-crepe sole to keep you steady on every surface
Loafers have always been an essential component of every man’s wardrobe. As purveyors of the modern man’s wardrobe, we are pleased to work with some of the foremost names in the shoe business to offer our customer what we believe are some of the best slip-on shoes available.