Today, MR PORTER, the award-winning online destination for men’s style, begins a week-long celebration of MR PORTER Health In Mind. Developed in partnership with Movember, MR PORTER’s content and fundraising initiative launched in July 2019, with its namesake fund following in October 2019. MR PORTER Health In Mind aims to help men lead happier, healthier and more fulfilling lives, by providing informative, inspiring and empowering content across MR PORTER’s editorial and social platforms, while raising funds with exclusive product capsules and events that support Movember’s ongoing work on men’s mental and physical health.
To celebrate the Fund’s anniversary, from Monday 5 October and culminating on World Mental Health Day on Saturday 10 October, MR PORTER will activate #TIMEwithHIM, a global social-first campaign developed to spotlight the fundamental importance of mental health, celebrate the power of friendship and provide MR PORTER’s and Movember’s communities with tools to draw upon in their everyday lives.
The #TIMEwithHIM campaign will encourage MR PORTER’s network of Health In Mind contributors, Style Council Members, brands, and global audiences to participate by spreading the message and sharing MR PORTER’s Instagram posts throughout the week, while organising to spend #TIMEwithHIM, whether it’s a FaceTime, a beer or a jog with a friend – the choice is theirs. People are further encouraged to donate £10/$10/€10 to the MR PORTER Health In Mind Fund powered by Movember as a way to support the charity’s leading work on men’s mental and physical health.
As friendship remains an enduring theme of MR PORTER Health In Mind, MR PORTER’s The Journal and Instagram channel will play host to several leading stories and online discussions that explore friendship and the vital role it plays in our mental health.
- The Heroes Of The Pandemic – a portfolio of scientists, doctors, and paramedics from across the world talk candidly about the most challenging period of their careers, how they have coped and who they have talked to in order to combat their isolation and fear
- 33 Ways To Be A Better Friend – expert tips on how to spot the signs a friend is struggling, how to listen, how to get a friend to open up, how important is to be persistent, and much more besides
- An exclusive essay from award-winning author Mr Andrew O’Hagan on the male friendship that inspired his acclaimed new novel Mayflies
- The Friend That Means Most To Me: MR PORTER’s staff from around the world pay tribute to the friends who have always been there for them
- Our Friendship: Menswear insider Josh Peskowitz and stylist Eugene Tong discuss their long friendship and careers in menswear
On MR PORTER’s Instagram channel (@mrporterlive), live events include:
- What is MR PORTER Health In Mind? – hosted by Mr Dan Davies, MR PORTER Editorial Director, with guest Mr Justin Coghlan, Movember’s co-founder
- It’s OK Not To Be OK – Mr Leon Cerrone, from our recent Rapha + MR PORTER Health In Mind story, discusses his personal struggle with mental health
Last but not least, MR PORTER has curated a selection of more than 140 products from more than 80 brands – TOM FORD, NIKE and Mr P., alongside existing MR PORTER Health In Mind exclusives such as Rapha + MR PORTER Health In Mind cycling jerseys, The MR PORTER’s Guide To A Better Day book). Profits* from the sale of these items from 5-10 October will be donated to the MR PORTER Health In Mind Fund powered by Movember. Each product is green – Health In Mind’s signature colour.