Mr P., the own-label brand from MR PORTER, continues its commitment to designing for circularity and sustainability with an expansion of its knitwear offering, launching carefully crafted pieces made from surplus yarns, recycled and organic materials.
Key elements of this new collection consist of:
- Surplus yarns, recycled and organic materials used to produce the exquisitely crafted pieces
- 36-piece knitwear assortment
- Collaborated with artisanal processes with knitters, spinners and finishers from the Marche region of Italy
- Returning end of life product into a new creation
- Irregular colour waves, reverse stitches, brushed finishes and rolled hems
- Dropped shoulders, considered proportions, contemporary silhouettes, and discoverable detailing from laid on seams and external linking
Launching from 21 February, the 36-piece collection comprises knitted coats, sweaters, rollnecks, shirts, T-shirts and a hoodie, in a palette of warm browns, greys, pinks, camels and navy shades, fashioning iconic and contemporary silhouettes. Echoing Mr P.’s dedication to timelessness and uncompromising quality, the beautifully woven pieces are crafted from a mixture of surplus yarn, recycled cashmere, organic cotton and certified (cruelty-free) wool.
Designed for longevity, these supremely soft knits have been carefully developed from the finest spinners and makers in the Marche region of Italy, celebrating uniqueness, irregularity, and imperfections through each design. Ideal for those seeking to slow down the fashion cycle, investing in thoughtful consumption and everlasting style.
Mr P.’s commitment to craftsmanship, timeless style, quality and innovation continues to drive the brand forward. This product expansion is part of our ongoing commitment to ensure Mr P. is designed for sustainability and circularity by 2025, and part of MR PORTER’s responsible style commitments through the brands “Our Pledge” – focused upon the key pillars of Community, Experience and Product.
Standout pieces include:
- The Mouline Mock Neck Jumper, woven from cashmere and wool with multicoloured threads to provide an added dimension.
- The Brushed Wool, Alpaca and Cashmere-Blend Sweater, jacquard-knitted from virgin wool, alpaca and cashmere threads to create a blurred, rippling stripe.
- The Degrade Boucle Knitted T-Shirt spun from hints of wool and silk. This T-shirt is boucle-knitted for a tactile surface that feels soft and comfy.
- The Dropped Shoulder Chunky Hoodie is knitted from a wool blend with surplus alpaca threads with dropped shoulders and ribbed edges to define the relaxed shape.
Mr P. is constantly evolving, and this new recycled knitwear expansion drives an exciting next step into the brand’s mission of ‘designed with promise and crafted without compromise’. Quality and style continue to lie at the heart of Mr P., and we are delighted to be able to create these extremely carefully crafted pieces, that have been designed in exemplary profiles. Working closely together with our Italian recyclers and makers, we have been able to create everlasting products that all offer a unique look and provide our customers with the opportunity to enrich their knowledge of a product’s lifecycle in a new and more meaningful way.Mr Sam Kershaw, Buying Director, MR PORTER